Mom, no one could ever ask for a better mother. I know now how hard it must have been for you to raise 3 children all on your own, and I just feel so lucky. I remember my friends used to say, “I wish your mom was my mom.” I think that says it all! I don’t remember ever being mad at you or the other way around (well, except for that one time on the way to church when Barbara and I were fighting in the back seat and you turned around and pinched me -- hard!) You gave me a great childhood and have been the best grandmother to Jasmine and Ben. Not many grandmothers would spend hours and hours sitting on the floor playing Barbies with their granddaughters and crawling through playhouses and going down the slides! Thank you for always being there for me.
Love,
Carol
Uncle Bob,
How could Mom have done it without you? She always had her brother to rely on, especially when things broke down (like our car!) Thank goodness you were there for us. I also have great memories of going to your house(s) to go swimming. It would have been better if I hadn’t had to deal with that scary Harold dog, but you can’t have everything (ha-ha! See, I am still terrorized from him!) Congratulations on 80 great years and many more to come!
Love,
Your niece, Carol
Love,
Your niece, Carol
No comments:
Post a Comment