Reception Set for January 23, 2011

Join members and friends at Bethany Presbyterian Church for a reception honoring twins Bob and Dodie (whose 80th birthday is January 20).

When: Sunday, January 23, 2011 - worship service starts at 10:30 a.m., with a reception following 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.

What: Cake and punch will be served in the church social hall - come and view the display of Bob and Dodie memorabilia - no gifts, please, but cards are welcome; blank cards will be available at the reception


Saturday, January 8, 2011

Aunt Dodie!
One of my fondest memories is of the time Aunt Dodie came East on a business trip sometime around 1990. I was the only relative around at the time and I got Aunt Dodie all to myself a couple of the evenings she had free. I thoroughly enjoyed our time together. We went out to dinner and had some precious time reminiscing about Grandma Betts.

I am always awed by the birthday cards she sends me every single year without fail—an amazing quality.

Recently, Carol sent the essay Aunt Dodie had written about seeking butter. I loved it! I know I inherited the same butter-loving gene.

Uncle Bob!
I always marveled to have a relative who was one of those…a teacher! As a shy but rebellious student who viewed teachers as if from a different planet, it was helpful to know I could love …a teacher! And he was so cool—always having a pool in his backyard!!!

When my Dad, Bob’s big brother, passed away, it was reassuring beyond words to have Uncle Bob there—both the week of his passing and later for the memorial service.
While I have never been able to participate in Camp Bob, I just love that tradition that has endured bearing his name. I’ve always dreamed of one day actually joining in.

Happy 80th Birthday Uncle Bob and Aunt Dodie!!! I know you’ll have a great party! I wish I could be there. It is wonderful you can celebrate together. And finally, thank you for raising such great kids: I have the best cousins!!!

Love,
Carolyn Betts Liebrand

No comments: